Today I want to encourage and lift you up in the journey. I want you to know how loved you are by the Father, that He alone is your provider, sustainer, keeper, and the lifter of your head. That Jesus Christ is indeed seated on the throne, daily interceding for us. Jesus, our High Priest, who made a way for us to enter into the Holy Place, is bringing you before the Father. The Father who loves you, desires you, and longs for you. You are cherished, known, adored, and loved wholly JUST as you are. You, Beloved, are a Child of the Living God “and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ…” (Romans 8:17).
Often our journey can be hard. Life circumstances begin to take place, people we love become ill, relationship struggles surface, our jobs become challenging, our children seem to push every button, our bank accounts do not add up, promises and words spoken over us seem delayed or forever put on hold, and on and on the list goes. During these challenges, we can begin to feel the need to hold everything together, walk strong on our own, and carry the torch by ourselves. We may, unconsciously, slip into performance mode, forgetting that we are children of the Living God.
It is during these times that we may forget foundational truths. So, today, I believe we are to remember.
- Remember, we are Children of God, those who have been given the gift of Holy Spirit, the gift of God’s presence in real life.
Remember that wired into our very being is the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, and it is this power that is giving life to our mortal bodies (Romans 8:11).
- Remember that Jesus, the One who “is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature…upholds the universe by the word of His power,” (Hebrews 1:3) and holds us together by this very same power.
- Remember that “in Him we live and move and have our being,” (Acts 17:28).
- Remember that “everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world, and this is the victory that has overcome the world, our faith,” (1 John 4:4).
- Remember that “we walk by faith, not by sight,” (2 Corinthians 5:7), and that “the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds… [and that] we take every thought captive to obey Christ,” (2 Corinthians 10:4,5).
- Remember today that “those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit…” (Romans 8:5), and because we live according to the Spirit we have “life and peace,” (Romans 8:6).
The Greater Truth
“The enemy works to consume your thoughts by what’s not right, and what you do not have [YET] the cross nullifies every lie of the enemy.” said Pastor Jim
Let us remember Proverbs 18:21 “death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.” Remember, as Pastor Jim declared on Sunday, “your atmosphere will submit to that which you declare by thought and word.”
Beloved, I write not to you only, but to myself as well. We have a real enemy whose primary intent is to steal, kill, and destroy, and in moments such as those described above, it is easy to to slip into “flesh” mode. Yet, remember today what Jesus, the One who reigns over every principality and power, says: “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly,” (John 10:10). Remember that “the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this, that one has died for all, therefore all have died, and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised…all this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,” (2 Corinthians 5:14-15, 18).
Beloved, remember the GREATER truth today! “…the law of the Spirit of life has set [us] free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death…we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh,” (Romans 8:2, 12). We have been set FREE by the power of Christ Jesus, and NOW we remember that “…this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal,” (2 Corinthians 4:17-18). HALLELUJAH!!!!!
May your heart be strengthened, encouraged, and enlivened by Holy Spirit for the minutes, hours, and days ahead. REMEMBER who you are and greater, WHOSE you are! Furthermore, remembering WHOSE you are, remember WHAT you have been called to! By His power in you – LIVE!